Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Is Ya Skin A Sin? **REMINDER**

Shouts to my brutha, Jaz, for the info on this one. A few others also emailed me about this so you know I HAAAADDD to post.

Did you know that companies in the US have said they would hire a white man with a felony record and no high school education BEFORE they would hire a black man with NO criminal record and a 4-year degree?


July 23rd at 9pm and July 24th at 9pm CNN will premiere a series, "Black in America with Soledad O'Brien."
For my brothas and sistas, especially those raising young brothas and sistas, I URGE you to watch this special with your children.
The aforementioned statistic and many others will be revealed during the series.
On 7/23 the series will focus on Women and Families. 7/24 is dedicated entirely to the plight of the Black Man in America.


I beg and plead with you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch and internalize what you see and hear; no matter HOW disturbing the information revealed...you can (and will) thank me later.
For more information: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/black.in.america

In the meantime, let's take it back to when Hip Hop wasn't telling us to YOOOOUUUUU and super-soak hoes, but was more concerned with each one teachin' one.
80s babies: Remember this one?! Let's see how many rap legends YOU can spot in this clip.

4 comments:

VariousCool.com said...

Damn Savvy, that video is perfect for this post!!! You know I'll be watching. I may not be black, but I'm mexican. The minority struggle is something no one talks about. In fact I had to deal with "double racism" I'm light skinned and Mexican's give me shizz about it.

"My nationality's reality"

The Jade said...

I will be watching.
Although I share my bed with a white man, I lets him know I gots a shotgun on his back and a skillet of hot fish grease ready to regulate on his ass.

I'm an angry high yella Angela Davis kinda bitch! Bring it honkey!!!!!!!!!!!

Chester said...

HapiBlogging to you my friend! Have a nice day!

BIN WA The Counselor said...

I commend you for this post love keep it comin!