Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Is Ya Skin A Sin? **REMINDER**

Shouts to my brutha, Jaz, for the info on this one. A few others also emailed me about this so you know I HAAAADDD to post.

Did you know that companies in the US have said they would hire a white man with a felony record and no high school education BEFORE they would hire a black man with NO criminal record and a 4-year degree?


July 23rd at 9pm and July 24th at 9pm CNN will premiere a series, "Black in America with Soledad O'Brien."
For my brothas and sistas, especially those raising young brothas and sistas, I URGE you to watch this special with your children.
The aforementioned statistic and many others will be revealed during the series.
On 7/23 the series will focus on Women and Families. 7/24 is dedicated entirely to the plight of the Black Man in America.


I beg and plead with you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch and internalize what you see and hear; no matter HOW disturbing the information revealed...you can (and will) thank me later.
For more information: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/black.in.america

In the meantime, let's take it back to when Hip Hop wasn't telling us to YOOOOUUUUU and super-soak hoes, but was more concerned with each one teachin' one.
80s babies: Remember this one?! Let's see how many rap legends YOU can spot in this clip.

3 comments:

Captain Hangover said...

Damn Savvy, that video is perfect for this post!!! You know I'll be watching. I may not be black, but I'm mexican. The minority struggle is something no one talks about. In fact I had to deal with "double racism" I'm light skinned and Mexican's give me shizz about it.

"My nationality's reality"

Chester said...

HapiBlogging to you my friend! Have a nice day!

Binwa said...

I commend you for this post love keep it comin!