Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We're Gonna Make It

...That's fa sho
If you're stressed
Then let it GOOOOOO



VH-1 Soul: Thanks for the early mornin' bless and word to 'Tribe Called Quest. That's the realest shit I NEED to hear right now.
(Hip Hop Heads: Check the 1:25 mark for a young Kanye West affiliate, Consequence, lookin' like a present-day Lupe Fiasco)

Happy Black Music Month, my pee'po'z!


Today's the first day of Operation: Public Transit...and needless to say, I'm stressed to DEF.
For the first time in over a decade I've had to raise my head 2 1/2 hours EARLIER than I'm used to (<--Fuck.) just to prep for a 2-hour, 12-mile trek that'd usually take me no more than 25 minutes in traffic. **tears**

As a So'Cal native, I've been conditioned to be strapped to my vehicle. Especially here in "Daygo" where public transit is laughable at best. It's not uncommon to transfer from bus to trolley to bus to dayum Razr scooter just to get 10 miles away. And that'll take you no less than a couple hours and you'll STILL have to walk a good 22 blocks or so just to get to your destination.
Back in the mid-to-late 90s I was a San Diego Transit Savvy. I knew all the routes and run times. Now...I'm only used to exercising my key-clickin' finger. Dammit, man!
So I've prayed and packed my patience game and just hope I make it on time. And don't be afraid to shout me out if you see me walkin' and/or Green Linin' it. Like DJ Khaled and 'nem:
HOLLA @ ME, BAYBEH!
And if you're also victim of this gas price BS, please believe: WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT!

6 comments:

Hollatyogirl said...

When you said that Consequence looked liked Lupe I started sharpening my shank cuz Lupe is my future baby daddy and a Consequence comparison IS NOT a complement. But DAMN he did look like Lupe.

ESS AY VEE OH EL OH YOO ESS! said...

Awww, dayum!

Please don't cut me. You KNOWWWW a ninj' ain't got petro OR dough for an ER visit.

Anonymous said...

This was my song back in the day! Kids don't know real music anymore. I'll pray for you on your commute girl, that sounds terrible. I'm from NYC, so it don't take 2.5 hours to go 12 miles.

Anonymous said...

Yeah girl I totally feel for you on that San Diego transit system. I remember when it used to take me 3 hrs to get from Chula Vista to Kearny Mesa. Its like their buses aren't equipped to travel outside of a certain circumference. Needless to say it can be stressful...but a new day is coming and as you say "we're gonna make it".

Anonymous said...

I have a cushy little work schedule, but now I'm forced to trade that in for public transportation that I swore off as a teenager! Lawd, what I'z gon do?

S A V V Y Fatty!...uhhh...DUH! said...

Yeah, mayne: This ish is BANANAS!

But I'mma be aw'ight. I got my rubberband-closed Walkman with the foam-missing headphones pumpin' 'The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World' like it's '94 out this beach.