Today marks the 5th year that we've been in Iraq tearing shit up for no good gotdayumed reason and ruining our international image like NEVER before. YAY US!
This morning President Fuck-Up, in his pseudo-cowboy-from-Texas stance, spoke about the war as if shit really hasn't been that bad and has the possibility of turning around and actually becoming a success.
I have but 2 words for him and his cronies in the Administration:
As of May 1, 2003, "major" combat operations in Iraq ended, right? Lest we forget how our mission was "accomplished!"
Again, NINJA PUHLEEZ!!!!!
Let's go down the laundry list of things that have been "accomplished" since the war began:
- Loss of close to 4,000 US troops
- Loss of between 80,000-90,000 Iraqi lives (according to IraqBodyCount.org: The count encompasses non-combatants killed by military or paramilitary action and the breakdown in civil security following the invasion.)
- Close to 30,000 US troops wounded
- The war has cost the US over $503 BILLION (according to CostofWar.com)
- Gas prices have almost doubled
We're spending HUNDREDS of billions of dollars on the negativity that is war while at the same time cutting costs on positive things like education. GO USA!!! Makes a LOAD of sense! While teachers are being laid off left and right, Congress has repeatedly increased funding for the organized murder.
Well, I guess if you look at it from the standpoint of military recruiters, then this DOES make sense: Keep the kids ig'nit as fuck so once high school graduation rolls around NONE of them have enough smarts to enroll in or be successful in any sort of college. Which leaves them with WHAT alternative?